Research Engineer - Blockchain Developper (RE1)
Job Title: Research Engineer - Blockchain Developper (RE1)
Closing Date: Monday, 31 May, 2021
The Barcelona Supercomputing Center - Centro Nacional de Supercomputación (BSC-CNS) is the leading supercomputing center in Spain. It houses MareNostrum, one of the most powerful supercomputers in Europe, and is a hosting member of the PRACE European distributed supercomputing infrastructure. The mission of BSC is to research, develop and manage information technologies in order to facilitate scientific progress. BSC combines HPC service provision and R&D into both computer and computational science (life, earth and engineering sciences) under one roof, and currently has over 700 staff from 49 countries.
Context And Mission
BSC is seeking a Research Engineer to work in an exciting research project in the topic of developing a monitoring system for the Ethereum 2 Blockchain network. The software developed would involve working both at the front-end as well as interacting with the back-end. In particular we target to demonstrate a dynamic real-time monitoring system that can provide a good overview of the Ethereum 2 network. A Master student could also be considered if the candidate has a strong background in computer science and blockchain.
- Implement a clean and complete visualization panel for scientific blockchain datasets
- Develop a real-time visualization system that harvests data from our back-end network crawler
- Develop a library API to access data obtained by our back-end software
- Writing high-quality technical documentation, reports and papers.
- Bachelor or Master in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- Essential Knowledge and Professional Experience
- Previous experience with distributed systems
- Digital design techniques and knowledge of dynamic web interfaces
- Basic Knowledge on Blockchain Technology
- Experience with parallel and distributed applications
- Knowledge with continuous integration systems, and good coding practices
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to establish and develop collaborations with external stakeholders.
- Ability to present ideas and results in a precise and succinct way.
- The position will be located at BSC within the Computer Sciences Department
- We offer a full-time contract, a good working environment, a highly stimulating environment with state-of-the-art infrastructure, flexible working hours, extensive training plan, tickets restaurant, private health insurance, fully support to the relocation procedures
- Duration: Temporary - 1 year renewable
- Salary: we offer a competitive salary commensurate with the qualifications and experience of the candidate and according to the cost of living in Barcelona
- Starting date: May 1st
All applications must include
- A Cover Letter with a statement of interest in English, including two contacts for further references - Applications without this document will not be considered
- A full CV in English including contact details
The vacancy will remain open until suitable candidate has been hired. Applications will be regularly reviewed and potential candidates will be contacted.
Diversity and Equal Opportunity Employment
BSC-CNS is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or any other basis protected by applicable state or local law.
This position is reserved for candidates who meet the requirements and have the legal status of disabled persons with a degree of disability equal to or greater than 33%. In case there are no applicants with disabilities that meet the requirements, the rest of the candidates without declared disability will be evaluated.